In Home Support Services316-267-1771, ext:226
Senior Employment Job Fair - August 21, 2018
Senior Job Fair - 8/21
Jobseekers wanted for Senior Employment
Fall Job Fair 2018
The program is a valuable referral/placement service for jobseekers age 55 and better.
- Attendees must register as a client of the program then attend one orientation.
- Pre-register by visiting the Senior Employment offices at the Downtown Senior Center : 200 S. Walnut 9:00am – 3:00pm or call 316-267-1771.
There is no cost to register but donations to the program are encouraged.
The 2018 Fall Job Fair
Tuesday, August 21, 2018
9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Work Offered by Individuals and Families
Everyone needs help around the house. Is it hard for you to find a reliable handymen or personal caregiver? If so then In-Home Support Services is for you! As part of the Senior Employment Program, In Home Support provides honest, dependable workers age 55+ who prefer working for an individual or family instead of a large corporation. The service has a variety of jobs and workers available in the following categories:
- Personal caregivers and companions
- Homemakers – housekeeping, laundry, meal preparations.
- Personal drivers for local or long distance trips
- Yard and garden care including mowing, edging and pruning
- Handyman work such as light maintenance, home repairs, painting and some electric work
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I find a worker to meet my needs?
Simply call the Senior Employment office at 316-267-1771 ext. 226 and request the service. Our placement specialist will work hard to find a worker for you.
How is payment for services handled?
Payment is determined by the worker providing the service and the person requesting the work.
Do I have to be a senior citizen to request a service?
No. All of our workers are age 55+ but the patrons who use In-Home Services are any age and gender. Those in need of service can be either a single individual or a family.