In Home Support Services316-267-1771, ext:226
Current Closures and Cancellations
- Meals on Wheels and Roving Pantry are continuing daily deliveries.
- Closed Senior Centers: Linwood, Downtown, Orchard Park, and Northeast. (Until Further Notice)
- Senior Employment is not open to the public, but job seekers can call the program at 267-1771 or communicate via email.
- Heartland Games track and field is cancelled for 2020 but the 5K walk/run and the Pickleball tournament are both scheduled for September.
- Picklepalooza has been postponed from April to September 2020.
For the most current updates visit our facebook page here.
Work Offered by Individuals and Families
Everyone needs help around the house. Is it hard for you to find a reliable handymen or personal caregiver? If so then In-Home Support Services is for you! As part of the Senior Employment Program, In Home Support provides honest, dependable workers age 55+ who prefer working for an individual or family instead of a large corporation. The service has a variety of jobs and workers available in the following categories:
- Personal caregivers and companions
- Homemakers – housekeeping, laundry, meal preparations.
- Personal drivers for local or long distance trips
- Yard and garden care including mowing, edging and pruning
- Handyman work such as light maintenance, home repairs, painting and some electric work
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I find a worker to meet my needs?
Simply call the Senior Employment office at 316-267-1771 ext. 226 and request the service. Our placement specialist will work hard to find a worker for you.
How is payment for services handled?
Payment is determined by the worker providing the service and the person requesting the work.
Do I have to be a senior citizen to request a service?
No. All of our workers are age 55+ but the patrons who use In-Home Services are any age and gender. Those in need of service can be either a single individual or a family.