"Roving pantry and meals on wheels have helped me maintain my independence.... I don't know what I would do without them..."
Current Closures and Cancellations
- Meals on Wheels and Roving Pantry are continuing daily deliveries.
- Closed Senior Centers: Linwood, Downtown, Orchard Park, and Northeast. (Until Further Notice)
- Senior Employment is not open to the public, but job seekers can call the program at 267-1771 or communicate via email.
- Heartland Games track and field is cancelled for 2020 but the 5K walk/run and the Pickleball tournament are both scheduled for September.
- Picklepalooza has been postponed from April to September 2020.
For the most current updates visit our facebook page here.
Grocery Shopping and Delivery Service
Maintaining adequate nutrition is a challenge as we grow older. Grocery shopping is a challenge for people who have mobility limitations or vision impairments. The Roving Pantry is a grocery shopping and delivery service that helps homebound people age 60 years + who are able to prepare meals on their own, remain independent and in their own homes. It offers peace of mind to friends and family members concerned about a loved one’s access to fresh food. Clients call in their orders, then the Roving Pantry staff shops for the orders and delivers to clients. When coupled with the Meals on Wheels program Senior Services is able to meet 100% of the daily nutritional needs for homebound seniors.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible?
Roving Pantry delivery service is available to homebound people age 60 + who cannot shop for themselves and have no one else to shop for them. Roving Pantry service can be particularly helpful for people recovering from surgery or illness and who cannot venture out of their homes until recovery is complete.
Is there a cost for the service?
Clients pay for the groceries upon delivery with cash, check or Vision Card. A service charge based on a sliding scale fee is assigned per requirements from funding sources.
How do I apply?
Application and eligibility screenings are typically completed over the phone, and service can usually start within a week of application. If determined eligible, the applicant can place an order on the next scheduled order day. Deliveries are scheduled according to address. Call 267-4378 for more information.