Current Closures and Cancellations
- Meals on Wheels and Roving Pantry are continuing daily deliveries.
- Closed Senior Centers: Linwood, Downtown, Orchard Park, and Northeast. (Until Further Notice)
- Senior Employment is not open to the public, but job seekers can call the program at 267-1771 or communicate via email.
- Heartland Games track and field is cancelled for 2020 but the 5K walk/run and the Pickleball tournament are both scheduled for September.
- Picklepalooza has been postponed from April to September 2020.
For the most current updates visit our facebook page here.
Heartland Games was launched in 2013 as a means to celebrate those seniors leading healthy and active lives, and to provide an enjoyable forum in which to do so. With the addition of track and field in 2016, Heartland Games drew in a whole new level of enthused participants. “I do this to stay health and fit!” says Carolyn Langenwalter, a 78-year-old sprinter.
The 2019 Heartland Games will have 3 events:
Track & Field Meet
will be at Friends University, 2100 University Drive, Wichita, KS
on Saturday, May 4th, 2019. Starting at 8:00 AM
Competitions include: 55, 100, 200, 300, 400, 800, 1500, 3000, 5000 Meter Runs
80, 100, 110, 300, 400 Meter Hurdles
1500, 3000 Meter Racewalks
Shot Put, Weight Throw, Super Weight Throw, Discus, Javelin, Hammer, Softball Throw
Long Jump, High Jump, Triple Jump, Standing Long Jump, Pole Vault
will be at Chicken N’ Pickle, 1240 N Greenwich Rd, Wichita, KS
on Saturday, June 1, 2019.
Tournament Play is from 12:00 PM – 3:00 PM
After Tourney Mingle Party 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Team play tournament will be in various brackets, 36 teams total (72 total players)
Competition level: 3.5+
Registration is closed.
For inquiry on open slots for the tournament or any questions, please contact Karen Dao at 316-204-8008 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or Hank Blase at email@example.com
5K Walk/Run & Pancake Feed
will start and end at Senior Services, 200 S. Walnut,
on Sunday, September 8th, 2019
Run & walk will be a special Historic Delano course.
Registration = 7:30 am
1 Mile Family Fun Walk = 8:30am
5K Run = 9:00am
All you can eat pancake feed starting at 8:30am and FREE for paid participants.
Sign up before June 8 for these discounted prices.
1 Mile Family Fun Walk = $20
5K = $28
$6.00 all you can eat pancake buffet for spectators not running or walking